The Niwot High School Education Foundation distributes its funding through a variety of grants. Teachers at NHS apply for Major Grants and Mini Grants throughout the school year to help fund items such as educational activities, equipment, computer hardware and software, and field trips.
The amount of a Major Grant to be awarded per proposal is between $600.00 to $2,500.00. The total school year major-grant fund is set by the NHSEF Board and is based on donations. The maximum award amount for a Mini Grant is $600.
To play, press and hold the enter key. To stop, release the enter key.
Major Grants awarded in 2022/23
- Gym nets for use during physical education classes.
- Freelap Pro Coach BLE 824 Timing System
- Trip to Shen Yun Ballet
- NHS Choir Trip to NYC
- Research, design, build, test, and launch a rocket
- Large Portable Speakers for PE to use indoors & outdoors
- Weight Room Spin Bikes
Minor Grants awarded in 2022/23
- Sight Reading Factory
- Marching Band Promotional Video
- Color Guard & Drumline Instructor
- Field Trip for 30 'At Risk' Students to UNC
- Stock Market Challenge/Trip to University of Denver
- Cafecitos/Community Outreach in Longmont
- Dracula Ballet
- Podium for public speaking in class
- Community College Tour
- Colorado Youth Diversity Conference
- AP Literature Materials
- Lunch for FRCC Admitted Niwot Students Day
- Trout Release Field Trip
- Visit to Arapohoe Community College
- New Calculators
- History of Rock & Roll Class Material
- Career Development Opportunity
- Senior Breakfast
- Speaker Series